The Seabiscuit inside..

When i first saw this movie.I watched it due to the fact that it was to pass time( this was a while back ) . And to be honest, I still don't why i bought the dvd. But as I continue to watch on it it didnt really hit me until recently where i find a lil dot that link to some pretty interesting things.


What are some of the things that make horse racing interesting? How about:

- the amount of care the horses receive and need

- the team of people (owners, trainers, jockeys, doctors, etc, etc) that are working to make one athlete their best

- the complete determination that these animals display when they race.

The amount of spirit that the horses display while they race is an example that moves me each time I see a horse gallop away at kiara.. I like to think that there is something very pure about their desire to race.

The idea of racing with pure motivation is one of the things that I've been trying to get my mind wrapped around. I guess one way to put it is - to develop a level of satisfaction from racing that is derived from an internal place opposed to external rewards. Ironically, when an athlete can move to this "place" the performances likely become more consistent and quicker. At least that is my hypothesis.

at Thursday, June 21, 2007  

0 comments:

Post a Comment