Office jargon in ma opis.

Let's think out of the box: Really means, "Can you creatively anemic people please come up with something?" The person who says, "Let's think out of the box" is usually desperate for a new idea and surrounded by people who are not known for generating ideas. So the phrase is actually an announcement that says, "I'm in trouble."

I need someone who can hit the ground running: Really means, "I am screwed." Because no one can hit the ground running. You need to at least assess what race you're in and who else is running.

Do you have the bandwidth?: Note that bandwidth is not time. It is something else. If you ask someone "Do you have time?" you mean, "Am I a priority?" If you ask someone "Do you have bandwidth" you mean, "You seem like your brain is fried. Can you pull yourself together to do this for me?"

at Wednesday, June 06, 2007  

2 comments:

The Editor said... Thu Jun 07, 05:07:00 PM 2007  

I am facing a writes block now, which translates to "I am quite dumb and cannot write"

Can we think laterally? - Which loosely translates to "Lets avoid the issue, i am not sure how we can we get out of this situation?"

Can we thinks strategically on this? - which translates to "I dowant to hear all this problem, can we discuss on something like aome non relevant bullshit"

Vicious Cycle said... Thu Jun 07, 09:41:00 PM 2007  

LOL!! SPOT ON!

Post a Comment